Women Owned Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Except where regulated or restricted by law, the Women Owned Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (“Sponsor”), and its affiliated companies, distributors and licensees, advertising or promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each), and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules for the Contest (“Official Rules”). All federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Entry Period: The Contest begins at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on March 17, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on March 24, 2015 (the “Entry Period”). Entries must be submitted during the Entry Period to be eligible for the Contest.
3. How to Enter: Eligible participants must have either a Facebook.com account or a Twitter.com account or both. To enter, eligible participants must first take a photo of the Women Owned logo with the participant, the participant’s group, a prop, or some combination thereof (“Photo”) and then post the Photo on Facebook or Twitter as follows:
(a) Facebook: To post on Facebook, access your Facebook account, visit and “Like” the Sponsor’s Facebook page (http://facebook.com/wbenc), and then post your Photo on the Sponsor’s Facebook page.
(b) Twitter: To post on Twitter, access your Twitter account, follow the Sponsor on Twitter, and then, on Twitter, tweet the Photo to @BuyWomenOwned.
Each eligible participant completing the entry process (“Entrant”) by either posting or tweeting the Photo (“Entry”) will be entered in the Contest.
4. Entry Conditions: Entries must be submitted during the Entry Period to be eligible for the Contest. Limit of One Entry Per Person. Any attempts by an Entrant to submit more than one Entry for him/herself into the Contest will result in such Entries being disqualified. Participation in the Contest is voluntary and does not require you to purchase anything from the Sponsor. Submitted Entries will not be acknowledged. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online Entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account or Twitter account associated with the Entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the person assigned to the account by Facebook or Twitter. Neither Sponsor, nor any telephone network, nor any service provider is responsible for incorrect transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or online service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries or entries not properly forwarded to Sponsor.
5. Photo Conditions: Photos that are deemed by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be offensive, immoral, obscene, profane, defamatory, not keeping with the image of the Sponsor, or in violation of these Official Rules will be void. Further, all Photos that contain copyrighted or other proprietary materials, except for the Women Owned logo, for which the Entrant has not obtained appropriate assignment of rights, as well as any content that disparages or portrays the Sponsor in a negative light will be void. A Photo submitted in this Contest may not include any other identifiable individual other than the individual participant unless prior express consent is obtained from such individual.
6. Use of Photo: By entering, each Entrant warrants and represents that (a) the Photo is the original work of the Entrant and does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, confidentiality or publicity rights or any other legal rights of any third party; (b) the Entrant owns or otherwise controls all rights to the Photo submitted by the Entrant; and (c) the Photo has not been entered into or won any previous contests or awards and has not been published or distributed previously in any form of media. By entering this Contest, each Entrant unconditionally and irrevocably grants a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable license to Sponsor and its successors or assigns to use, reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the Photo for any purpose now and hereafter as they so desire. Each Entrant further warrants and represents that any person or entity pictured in the Photo has agreed to be featured and for the Photo to be posted on Facebook or Twitter, and must also have agreed to the Photo being entered in the Contest and each Entrant further warrants and represents that applicable consents have been obtained. By posting a Photo in this Contest, Entrant grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify such Photo in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Photo alone or in combination with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor, in commerce and trade and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, without limitation or compensation to the Entrant and without right of notice, review, or approval of any such use of the Photo.
7. Selection of the Winners: There will be one winner (“Winner”) in this Contest. The Winner will be the Entrant from the Facebook or Twitter Entries who received the most “likes” on Facebook or “shares” on Twitter for the Entrant’s Photo during the Entry Period, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. Winner Notification: The Winner will be announced on the Sponsor’s Facebook page and via Twitter on March 25, 2015. The Winner will also be notified via direct message to each Winner’s Facebook account or Twitter account, depending upon whether the winning Entry was submitted via Facebook or Twitter. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (a) potential Winner’s failure to timely respond to notification; (b) the return of the notification as undeliverable; (c) potential Winner’s failure to validly and timely claim the prize; or (d) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
9. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period and the quality of the Photo.
10. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): The prize (“Prize”) to be awarded in this Contest is a gift basket of Women Owned apparel and products selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, with a combined ARV of $220.79. All federal, state, and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
11. Prize Delivery: The Prize will be delivered with complimentary shipping within 10 days after Sponsor verifies the Winner’s eligibility to enter and to win this Contest. If the Prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Winner may waive their right to receive a Prize. All Prizes are non-transferrable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, have no cash value, and must be accepted by the Winner as awarded.
12. Conditions, Disclaimers, and License: By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees that: (a) he or she will abide by and be bound by these Official Rules; (b) the Entry will not be acknowledged; (c) neither Facebook, Twitter nor Sponsor or any of its affiliated companies or the advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with Sponsor or those affiliated companies, nor any of their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, Sponsor’s “Affiliates”) are responsible for claims, injuries, death, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; (d) Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of a Winner to accept the Prize for any reason; and (e) by entering the Contest, all Entrants further agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Contest, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes from the Contest. Neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates are responsible for (i) any typographical or other errors in the printing of the promotion materials or the offering or announcement of the Prizes, (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (iii) failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iv) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, or (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest.
Entries are void if inaccurate, incomplete, tampered with, misdirected, late, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Contest, neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates are responsible for the actions of Entrants or other individuals in connection with the Contest, including attempts by Entrants or other individuals to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest, and in the event of cancellation or termination, to select Winners from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. If the Contest is terminated by Sponsor as set forth above, Sponsor will post notice of such termination at http://www.facebook.com/wbenc. Inclusion in such drawing will be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed receipt of such Entry by Sponsor.
13. Release and Indemnification: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, TWITTER AND FACEBOOK HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCESS TO ANY MATERIALS OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
Each Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and its Affiliates from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, expenses and costs (including legal fees) brought or asserted by or on behalf of any third party against the Sponsor or its Affiliates arising from or related to the Entrant’s Photo infringing or allegedly infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights, publicity, privacy or confidentiality rights, or defaming or otherwise causing harm to a third party.
(b) Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Prize, the Winner grants permission for Sponsor and its agents to use his/her name, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, merchandising, promotion and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
(c) Applicable Law: The Contest, and any disputes that may arise hereunder, shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the District of Columbia.
15. Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. The Contest will be run in accordance with the Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. Each Entrant must comply with the Official Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the Official Rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of the Contest, as set out in the Official Rules, are not subject to amendment or counteroffer, except as set out herein. If any provisions of the Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. Sponsor: Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, 1120 Connecticut Ave., NW Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036.
17. Winner List: To request the identity of the Winner (available for 30 days from the date of verification of the Winner), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (except Vermont residents) to: Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, Attn: Women Owned Contest Winner, 1120 Connecticut Ave., NW Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036.
18. Facebook and Twitter Disclaimer: The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. By participating in the Contest, you agree that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.